Due to the uncertainties surrounding COVID-19, the HCIM conference had to be postponed to April 20th- 22nd, 2022.
And this extra time gave us the opportunity and space to refine the program even more.
What is HCIM?
The Healthcare Clowning International Meeting (HCIM) is a conference which aims to present the latest studies and insights from healthcare clowning and the effects of humor in medical and social environments.
The Conference wants to raise awareness and discover new frontiers on the benefits and possible applications to support the well-being and resilience of individuals facing difficult life situations.
Experts from all over the world will gather to look into the world of healthcare clowning. The meeting will approach the field from different angles including: impact and our role in society, the art of clowning, innovation and online opportunities and fundraising.
Experts present at HCIM (excerpt):
- Christopher Bailey, lead of Arts & Health at the World Health Organisation
- Michael Christensen, Founder of Big Apple Circus CCU and first clowndoctor
- Andrea Evers, Professor of Health Psychology at Leiden University,
- Thomas Frandsen, Chief Medical Project Officer at BørneRiget
- Lars Hyldgaard Olesen, Program Director at Ole Kirk’s Foundation
- Anne Bastings, writer, artist and a professor
- Monica Culen and Giora Seeliger, founder of RED NOSES group
Take part of HCIM in the Hague and let’s connect worlds, connect people and change spaces!